Constipation in children
Constipation is a painful and uncomfortable feeling especially for children. Lack of proper nutrition in a child's diet is one of the major factors resulting in constipation. Some other causes include imbalanced diet, improper toilet training, drinking milk in excess and lack of water.
However parents no longer need to worry as there are several effective natural constipation remedies for treating children. Followed diligently, these remedies can work wonders to ward off constipation and let children lead a normal life.
Natural remedies for constipation in children
1. Vegetables: give children green and leafy vegetables like carrot, beets, pumpkin, turnip, cabbage, French beans, and spinach. These vegetables are rich in fiber and thereby aids in treating constipation.
2. Honey and Sugar: drinking a glass of milk added with 2 tablespoons honey or sugar on an empty stomach is one of the best home remedies for constipation in children.
3. Unrefined foods: there are many unrefined foods like lentils, honey, graham crackers, bran muffins, bran cereals, bran and whole grain cereals that help to soften children's stool. They are regarded as one of the best natural remedies for constipation in children.
4. In a warm bath, add 2 tablespoons baking soda and let the child relax in this warm water for approximately 15 minutes. This helps in a regular bowel movement.
5. Apply a warm, moist piece of cloth to a child's anus. This will help in stimulating bowel movement.
6. Flax-seed: this is a wonder not only for adults but also for children. Boil a small quantity of flax-seed in water or sprinkle 1 teaspoon over a meal for the child to ingest it. This is both a preventive measure as well as one of the most recommended home remedies for constipation in children.
7. Triphala: this is one of the most common herbal medications to treat constipation. It is a mixture of 3 magical herbs. For best results, mix 1 teaspoon Triphala with warm milk or water while going to bed.
8. Blackberries: mix 1 cup each of blackberries and distilled water. Drink this on an empty stomach for promoting peristaltic movement. Drinking this often aids in making motions regular.
9. Drinking 1 glass full of water or warm milk before going to bed aids in easy evacuation the following morning. This is one of the most successful natural remedies for constipation in children.
10. Vaseline: rubbing Vaseline on a child's bottom helps in loosening up the area as well as aids in easier bowel movement.
11. A belly rub works wonders in encouraging a movement. Lightly rub on the belly with fingertips between the lower part and the belly button. Avoid pushing, but instead let the muscle experience the light sensation. This apart from being a constipation relief is also one of the best home remedies for constipation in children.
Apart from these natural remedies, one can also try natural herbal products such as TriphaLax from Savesta for curing constipation without any side effects.
Online Herbs is the most reliable and leading online herbal store having over Satisfactory 5000+ customers globally. Our herbal products are safe, natural, simple and above all have no side effects with proven health benefits. Some of the top brands are Savesta, Himalaya Herbals, Olay Naturals and Dabur.
Check our blog to know more about natural remedies for various diseases.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michael_Bennet